|Category:||MP3 and Audio|
|Requirements:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Developer:||Audacity Development Team|
Audacity is an open source, cross-platform audio editor and recorder. Audacity can record and play sounds and import and export WAV, AIFF, MP3, and OGG data files. Edit your noises sounds using cut, copy, and paste features (with endless undo operation), mix tracks, or apply effects to your recordings. Audacity also offers an integral amplitude-envelope editor, a customizable spectrogram method, and a frequency-analysis screen for audio-analysis applications. It includes many useful features, a few of which are:
- Records and plays audio files.
- Supports various data file platforms like WAV, AIFF, AU, and Ogg Vorbis.
- Import MPEG music (including MP2 and MP3 data).
- Edit your music files by cutting, copying, pasting, and mixing them.
- Large data files can be edited rapidly.
- Add different results like echo, phaser, wahwah, opposite, and more.
- Change the pitch without modifying the tempo, or vice-versa.
- Record and edit 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit (floating point) samples.
- Various plug-ins support.
- May be used to convert old tapes into digital media.
- And many more.